1. To get a long-lasting makeup that looks fresh throughout the evening you should start the makeup process close to the event. Be very careful, prep your skin before you start with makeup. Scrub your skin and then apply a moisture boosting face mask.
2. Nourish your skin with a moisturizer, but be sure to customize it according to your skin type, as well as the foundation you will use later on. If you want to use a foundation with light reflecting pigments you should go for a light moisturizer. Stick to this simple rule - the lighter your foundation is, the lighter the face cream you should choose.
3. Let the face cream sink in a few minutes before you start with the base, do not rush, it will just look sloppy! Next, apply a primer, focusing on areas that tend to get shiny during the evening; eyelids, nostrils, and t-zone.
4. Now it's time for the foundation. Here, again, you should choose one that suits your skin type. If you have oily skin, choose a matte one and if you have dry skin, you should choose one that adds lustre. Make use of a foundation brush for perfect results, then cover blemishes and dark circles with a concealer. Choose a concealer that contains silicone and light-reflecting pigments to give skin a silky smooth finish, making sure to work out the concealer with a small brush.
5. Fix the base and give it a beautiful velvet feel with a loose powder. Use a large eye shadow brush and apply only to areas that need it. Avoid the eye area where the powder can enhance the fine lines and make you look tired.
6. Invest in the season's trendiest makeup – shimmering metallic eye shadows that are extra suitable for New Year's Eve. Cream eye shadows last longer and give your eyes a beautiful shimmer, moreover, they are easier to touch up during the evening. Place the focus on either eyes or lips - a stylish sooty eye makeup or intensely red lips.
Paint your lips with a lip liner before applying the lipstick for long lasting and extra intense results.
Bend your lashes in three steps to give them a sustainable form, closest to the lash root, in the middle and at the end.
Three products that are good to have in the party bag: pressed powder, cream eye shadow and lipstick!